Paul Markov's Observing Logbook
Number of Deep Sky Objects Observed as of Dec. 31, 2009: 1019
(all observing *still* done via star hopping!)
This logbook outlines only general information about each of my observing sessions. Included are dates, times, sites, people, and any special circumstances. Only a listing of new objects observed is given.
If you are interested in my observations for a particular object, you can email me at pmarkov-AT-rogers-DOT-com
As seen on Sky & Telescope magazine:
Sky & Telescope featured this on-line logbook in the "Astronomy On-line" section of the July 2004 issue, page 120.
Select the logbook by year:
Most Used Observing Sites:
- My Backyard - Greater Toronto Area (varies depending on time period)
- Starfest - about 180 Km north-west of Toronto
- DRAACO (Durham Region Astronomical Association Centre for Observing) - 75 Km east of Toronto, just east of Orono at Hwy 115/35.
- CAO (Carr Astronomical Observatory - on Blue Mountain near Collingwood (about 2 hrs N.W. of Toronto)
- Port Granby - 80 Km east of Toronto. Just south of Hwy 401 at Newtonville.
- Long Sault Conservation Area - 80 km north-east of Toronto. About 20 minutes north of Bowmanville, near Mosport Race Track.
- Kendal Recreation Area - 80 km north-east of Toronto. Close to Hwy 115/35 at Kirby exit.
- "The Farm" - 180 Km north-east of Toronto. About 20 minutes north of Belleville.
- 2006 - now: Meade 10-inch SCT LX200 GPS f10 (main instrument)
- 2007 - now Orion 80ED refractor f7 (mounted on top of LX200GPS)
- 2005 - now: SkyMentor 12-inch dobsonian reflector
- 2003 - now: Celestron NexStar 114GT 4.5-inch f9 reflector
- 2003 - now: SkyWatcher 10-inch f5 dobsonian reflector
- 2002 - now: SkyWatcher 5.1-inch reflector f5
- 2001 - 2006 Meade 10-inch SCT LX200 Classic f10
- 1997 - 2001: Meade 10-inch SCT LX6 f6.3
- 1984 - 1997: Meade 8-inch SCT LX2 f10
- 1982 - 1984: Edmund Astroscan 4.25-inch reflector
Number of Visitors since Nov. 1, 2000
Powered by counter.bloke.com
Back to Main Astronomy Page.